Breast Cancer Community
Nervous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Nervous

U/S shows hypoechoic lesion at 11 o'clock measuring 1.4 x 0.9 x 1.5 cm and another at 5 o'clock measuring 0.4 cm. Normal appearing lymph nodes on both sides. Recommends diagnostic mammogram.

Mammogram notes the same spot at 11 o'clock however now refers to it as a nodule. Another is noted at 1 yo 2 o'clock
The vast majority of breast lumps are not cancerous and are referred to as benign.
Hypoechoic lesions may represent a solid lump such as a fibroadenoma  which is the the most common benign tumor found in the breast..
A diagnostic mammogram is a type of mammogram in which only a small area of the breast is compressed to achieve better imaging of a particular region of the breast.Once this is done,the radiologist will examine all the characteristics of the lumps and if there is any concern,a biopsy of the nodules will be required.Only after the sample of tissues or cells are examined under the microscope showing what type of cells are there, can the correct diagnosis be made.
Hoping that all will turn up just fine for you.
Best wishes...
Thank you. Yes my post was cut off it seems.  The mammogram was completed and an MRI was recommended. I met with a surgeon and bypassed the MRI and went straight to the biopsy. So scared for what the results will be.
Hi again and you welcome,
I think that having a biopsy was the best thing to do.I'll be thinking of you,  and hoping that your path report will state benign findings.
I know, waiting for the results is very difficult to endure,but hang in there and try to keep as busy as you can so the waiting time will seem much shorter..
Please come back to us to let us know how things are proceeding.In the meantime I am sending you positive thoughts and wishing you all the best!.