Breast Cancer Community
New Cancer treatments
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

New Cancer treatments

I was diagnosed with DCIS with micro-invasion Dec. 17th and went though every test know to man to see if it was anywhere else.  I just had surgery and the calcifications were taken out with clean margins.  Also, the lymph nodes were cleaned and the new pathology report stated that there was no invasion in the cancer they took out during the surgery.  My question is what alternative is there to radiation therapy?  It scares me to death that the radiation is going to go through my muscle and into the top portion of my lung.  I have read about photon therapy and nanotechnology and wondering how far out these treatments (or if they are even applicable) are from FDA approval?  Also, what is Mammosite and Radiation seeding?  Could these treatments save me from going through the traditional radiation therapy?  What are my chances if I waited 2 years to have such treatments.  I am wondering if it would be worth it not to put myself at risk for a future lung cancer episode.