New lump after mastectomy and chemo
I was diagnosed with Stage 1 right breast cancer (E-/P-/Her 2+)  and sentinel node negative in 2006.  I had a mastectomy followed by 5 months of chemo and 1 hear of Herceptin.  I finished Herceptin in Dec 2007.  I have also had reconstructive surgery (tissue expander then implant).  I had the implant removed and replaced as I was not symmetrical.  This was done in April 2008 (The first reconstructive surgeries were June and August 2007)  The plastic surgeon that did the April 2008 surgery told me that I had a lot of scar tissue that she had to take out when exchanging the implant and told me to massage the breast to avoid it in future.

I have noticed a new lump on the same side of the mastectomy (in 11:00 position).  It is a little sensative and at times it feels as if it is connected to the implant because I feel a tightening. Sometimes I can't raise my arm because if feels sensitive. I had an ultra sound yesterday and the technician described the lump as a "nodule" and suggested a biopsy.  I completely fell apart.  Could this be scar tissue or the scary "c" word.  Have people had new lumps on the same side as the mastectomy and after a whole year of treatment?  I am scheduled for a biopsy next week.

Hi.
The lump you are palpating on the previous mastectomy site could be a scar tissue or a breast cancer recurrence.  Based on the data you mentioned and your clinical profile, there may be a risk of having a recurrence.  I agree with the plan of doing a biopsy to be more certain of the cause.  Hopefully the biopsy turns out to be scar tissue or other benign pathology.
Take care.