New lump
November last year a lump was discovered on my left breast at the 9 o'clock position. Had it biopsied and it was determined to be fat necrosis. Three weeks ago I found what seems to be a hard lump around the 9 o'clock position. I had a follow up Manmo and ultrasound in may of this year and nothing showed. I went to my obgyn this past Monday and he confirmed there is a lump and ordered an ultrasound. I am scheduled for the ultrasound Tuesday. My question is should I be concerned that a new lump has grown in 10 weeks? The fat necrosis lump was not palpable.
First of all I am happy to know that the lump that was biopsied last November,turned up to be fat necrosis.:)
Over the internet it is impossible to reassure you completely as to what this is new lump you discovered 3 weeks ago could be.
Each new lump has to be evaluated and we cannot assume that it could be the same  as you had last year.
This could be a benign lump also,but evaluation is needed to know for sure.
Please let us know,if you wish, about the Ultrasound results.I hope it's again nothing to worry about.
Take care and good luck..
I had a mammogram and ultrasound with negative results. Since the lump is palpable should I be pressing for a biopsy? I am concerned that I have no answers since neither test has told me what it is.  Your opinion would be appreciated.
Yes, I think that you should be pressing to have a biopsy. If the lump can be felt and it's a cyst, a needle biopsy FNA ( Fine Needle Aspiration) will make it collapse and no further treatment will be necessary.If the lump is a solid one, the needle can sample it so that the cells extracted can be examined by a pathologist .In my opinion if there's a lump there, it really doesn't matter what the mammogram or ultrasound show. A lump is a lump and needs to be either carefully watched if you and your Doctor are comfortable with that approach, or have this palpable lump biopsied.
Please don't jump to any conclusion...the fact that this lump is palpable but does not show on radiology, does not make it cancerous or increase the chances of it being cancerous.
Another option would be to have an MRI test ,which is a very good tool to detect an abnormality when one has dense breast.
You may discuss with your Doctor about these different options and see what he/she recommends.
Best wishes....