Numerous lumps under right armpit
I  have multiple discrete superficial lesions located just under the skin in the right armpit. I noticed them over the xmas holidays. they disappeared then returned about 3 weeks later. i have had an ultrasound of my armpit and breasts. they noted that the largest nodule is about 14mm. they are solid though not cystic. they are highly suggestive of ongoing inflammatory/infective process rather than neoplastic or lymphadenopathy. surgical consultation was recommended. the doctor i went to did not explain what this all meant. i am also wondering what would cause these lumps to occur
The lymph nodes, which are located in different parts of the body including the neck and armpit,are a part of the body's immune system and they help destroy infectious germs, such as viral infection (common cold) and bacteria.
Swollen nodes can remain swollen for quite a while,even when the infection is gone....They are usually associated with benign infectious   conditions that could be due to shaving, waxing , using a deodorant and also a bacterial infection from a cat scratch or bite
Depending of course on what the Surgeon deems appropriate he/she may recommend more investigative tests to find out the cause of these swollen lymph nodes.
Best wishes..