Breast Cancer Community
Pinchy pain under armpit going into breast
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pinchy pain under armpit going into breast

Hello, I have been having a pinchy sort of pain under my armpit going into the side of my left breast for the last month. I notice it at various times of the day, regardless of activity and when I'm not palpating it. It's a strange feeling; it doesn't seem muscular but when I press on it there is pain. When I pick up the tissues with my fingers and squeeze them, I don't feel the pain. It seems like it is in the layers of tissue above the muscle. There is no single defined stationary lump that I can find, more just a fluffy sort of array of soft masses. Palpation feels similar on the right breast (but with no pain), except it feels extra fluffy on the left. I have very small breasts. I'm wondering if mammograms get in the armpit, or if there's a different kind of test I should have (if I should have one). I'm 40 and my mom had breast cancer when she was about 53. Thank you.