Pinchy pain under armpit going into breast
Hello, I have been having a pinchy sort of pain under my armpit going into the side of my left breast for the last month. I notice it at various times of the day, regardless of activity and when I'm not palpating it. It's a strange feeling; it doesn't seem muscular but when I press on it there is pain. When I pick up the tissues with my fingers and squeeze them, I don't feel the pain. It seems like it is in the layers of tissue above the muscle. There is no single defined stationary lump that I can find, more just a fluffy sort of array of soft masses. Palpation feels similar on the right breast (but with no pain), except it feels extra fluffy on the left. I have very small breasts. I'm wondering if mammograms get in the armpit, or if there's a different kind of test I should have (if I should have one). I'm 40 and my mom had breast cancer when she was about 53. Thank you.
There are several possible explanations for pain in the armpit and breast ,but without a medical professional evaluation it, it's impossible for us to speculate on your situation.  Pinching pain may suggest some nerve involvement.You should have your doctor examine you and recommend which test would be more appropriate for you.
Take care and best wishes.