Possible Bone Mets. Swollen Lymph Nodes in Groin.
Hi - I underwent a rt mastectomy in July 09 after an IDC Dx on April 16, 09. (Stage 1, Grade 2, ER/PR+, Her2 -, no lymph involvement).  I chose not to do any other treatment besides mastectomy (no Tamoxifen or chemo).  I have had blood work twice since surgery (both clean), but no scans.  I started having pain in my right hip/pelvic bone and lower back about six months ago and am going to see my onco on November 5th.  He said he will order an x-ray and bone scan to get the ball rolling.

My question: I just noticed my lymph nodes in the right groin area are enlarged (same side as the hip/pelvic bone pain).  Has this ever been related to bone mets in the hip region?

Thanks for the response!
<

'My question: I just noticed my lymph nodes in the right groin area are enlarged (same side as the hip/pelvic bone pain).  Has this ever been related to bone mets in the hip region?'

I don't know about the enlarged lymph nodes, cimo, but it these are bone mets, it is very common for them to present in the hip area. It is also a little disconcerning that you had no other treatment besides surgery, not because I think you made a wrong choice, but because we cannot blame your symptoms on side effects from radiation, chemo and/or hormone treatment.

I don't know what's going on but I am sure glad you will have a work up. I very much hope all this is unrelated to your past cancer.

I wish you the best of luck and please let us know what happens?

Take care, Katrin
Thanks for the reply Katrin.  I appreciate it.  We'll see what the bone scan says (I still need my onco to order it).  In the meantime, I postponed rotator cuff surgery I had scheduled for this Friday.  My orthopedic surgeon said it would be uncomfortable doing a bone scan after major shoulder surgery.  First things first!

Whatever happens, God controls it all :)

Take Care...