Breast Cancer Community
Purple/yellow spot on my breast.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Purple/yellow spot on my breast.

I was just about to take a shower and saw that I have a purple/yellow spot close to my aerola on me right breast. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I didn't hit it or remember any trauma. I never freak out, but it just seemed really random that I got this. Is it normal? Should I get it checked out?
1 Comment
A bruise is usually caused by injury to a blood vessel that causes bleeding under the skin.Very often we don't even remember when and how it happened.Sometimes simply bumping into something will cause a bruise which usually resolves on it's own.The fact that the bruise is partly yellow,it's a good sign because it means that it's starting to heal .If the bruise does not disappear in about a week or so,or if you are having other symptoms like feeling a lump in your breast or you notice anything that looks abnormal to you,then you should consider seeing your doctor for evaluation.
Best wishes