Breast Cancer Community
Shingles vaccine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Shingles vaccine

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2007 and had chemo and radiation the same year.  I have had shingles 3 times in the past-years before Breast Cancer and the shingles vaccine coming out. I currently take Arimidex and wonder if I should get the shingles vaccine.  

This discussion is related to Shingles Vaccine for Breast Cancer Survivors.
I don't usually say this, but in your case, don't you think it would be best to ask your doctor this questiion and who knows you and your history?

I mean, how could any of us better advise you, or even advise you one way or another at all?

best, Katrin
I think that if you already had the disease it is too late for the vaccine. Call the doctor's office to make sure.