Small Red Spot near the nipple
This may be nothing I have a small red spot near the nipple, at first i thought it was just a spot, it never came to a head and has not diminished or got any bigger, it does not itch, my breast if full of cysts so it is difficult to tell if there is a lump under it or not as i have so many lumps. its been there for about a month now should i be concerned or am i just being silly, 5 of my aunts had breast cancer but none of my immediate family.
The skin of the breast is like the skin on any part of the body and subject to many abnormalities.The areola and the nipple area have sebaceous glands which can get clogged and form a pimple like lump.You may apply warm compresses and see if a whitehead forms.If it does,apply a little Polysporin and it should go away in a few days.
I don't think that this lump has anything to do with breast cancer,but you should  have your doctor take a look at it, if it becomes inflamed,larger or doesn't go away okay?
I hope there is nothing there to worry about.
Best wishes...
I tried warm compresses i tried polysporin thinking it may be a skin infection nothing seems to make it go away it is raised but no oblivious head or blocked pour
I would also like to add, that fibrocystic breasts may make lumps harder to distinguish on our own.So it is important that women with this condition, see their doctor on a regular basis for a clinical breast exam .
Also knowing the normal shape and feel of your own breasts is important, especially when performing BSE (Breast Self Examinations) to detect any unusual changes.
If the spot doesn't seem to go away,then the best advice I could give you is to see your doctor or a dermatologist  to take a look at it,so this problem can be resolved.
thanks for all your advise, i will wait a few more weeks so as not to bother the dr with something trivial