Sores on my areola
Hello everyone.  I have been having a little problem for the past 8 days.  On 2-8-07 I noticed a sore on my areola at the base of my nipple (left breast).  This really freaked me out since I have no idea how it got there.  I waited a few days and it seemed to get worse and not better.  The sore was about pea sized, red around the edges, yellow/white in the middle, with a little oozing.  I went to the doctor on 2-13-07 and was prescribed the antibiotic Keflex to take 4 times a day for 10 days for the "skin infection".  That night I noticed there was another one and I lost it.  I went back to the doctor and they took a culture and the results won't be back until Monday 2-19-07.  I have NEVER had anything like this before and don't know what to think.  The doctor wants me to have a mammogram on 2-23-07 and then follow-up with a breast specialist on 2-26-07.  My grandma had breast cancer.  I'm guessing they don't want to take any chances.  Has anyone ever had anything like this or have any advise to give??  Everytime I do research on the internet regarding this it really makes me worry.  Any advise or comments would be appreciated!  Thank you!!!
I have not experienced the same thing, but it sounds  like your doctor is taking all the right steps. It could just be a duct infection. Good luck with your tests and let us know how you're doing.
Hello, never have done this before.  hope I am doing this correct.  I am 44 years old.  I have a spot that showed up about 10 days ago and I just thought maybe it was a spider bite or something.  It blistered and oozed and now it is a knot very close to my right nipple.  I wasn't too concerned until a second one showed up about two days ago, it has also blistered and popped and now is turning into a knot about 1 to 1 1/2 away from the first one.  I have made an appointment with my OB-GYN.  I am about 5'4 about 128 and a D cup with very dense breast tissue and have a history of breast cancer with maternal grandmother.  Although this probably isn't related does anyone have any ideas?
I have what you've described.  Mine started with areola's on breasts, itching.  Next I got a nice size sore on right areola of breast.  As you can't really scratch that area, I just move my lower arms up/down across the area, which really doesn't help.  The itching started about a month ago, the sore about 2 weeks ago, and I have an app't with Ob/Gyn doctor tomorrow, 11/24/08.  I know it's scary after reading all the symptoms of breast cancer, not to mention the statistics on getting it.  But, lets hope for the best.  Maybe a duct infection that can be cleared up with anti-bioltics.  No clue.  Have never had anything like this before.  I'm 60 years young, have MS, and don't need anymore health problems.  I'll say a prayer for the both of us.
A related discussion, Breast was started.