Stereotactic biopsy - Terrified
I'm 42 years old. I had a mammogram 2 weeks ago and showed microcalcifications.  Went for a second one, and they told me they are little (5 mm)., but they fall in what they called 'Gray Area'.  Can't say they're benign, but they can't say they're malignant either. They gave me the option of waiting 6 months to see what happens, or have a biopsy done, to find out.  I found out my breast tissue is dense, #3.  They did say there is no mass. I'm terrified of the whole issue.  I'm going to the biopsy alone, and from there to work.  It will be done at a Breast Center, so they are specialist.  Any suggestions or comments?
Your calcifications are not that worrisome,otherwise the radiologist would have ordered an immediate biopsy.Since you have been given a choice,I would have opted exactly as you did and have the biopsy done now,rather than waiting and worrying about it for six months.Keep in mind that many biopsies done, even on suspicious calcification,return a benign finding.
A stereotactic breast biopsy is a quick and minimally invasive procedure which takes no more than an hour from start to finish.You may have a little discomfort,but most women report no pain and no scarring on the breast.
I would advise you to have a relative or friend accompany you and drive you home afterward,just in case you don't feel like driving or feel stressed for whatever reason.Also you should take it easy and avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours .
Wishing you all the best and benign results!