Breast Cancer Community
Surgery for Liver Mets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Surgery for Liver Mets

I found out in Feb 09 that my cancer had spread to the liver and now I have liver and bone mets.  I am on cemo now (doxil and zometa.  I need to know if anyone had surgery on their liver to remove the mets.  My onc. believes it won't help.  
thanks Donna    
1 Comment
No I totally agree with your Oncologist; the liver is a very delecate organ and surgery for metastatic carcinoma would not be recommended. Hopefully the Chemo will do it's job and either eradicate the lesion or at least arrest it. Bone mets is the easiest type of mets to deal with and I know many Stage 4 pt.s who have survived many years and with relatively good quality of life. Kindest regards ....