Survival rate after stage 4 breast cancer
Dear All,

My mother was diagnosed to have breast cancer (Stage II) by 2006 and was given both chemotherapy & radiation treatment, now recently (June 2010) she was diagnosed to have cancer spread to all major bone joints and almost all parts of the body (STAGE IV).  Doctor prescribed her second round of Chemotherapy, I would like to know what will be her survival period after this second round of treatment.  Hope god will help me and mother to live long.  

Kindly let me know the survival rate / period after this stage IV..

Thanking you all,

Sudheer
Metastises to the bone is the most easily controlled of all Stage 4 cancers. I personally know of survivors who have been living for many years with a decent quality of life with bone mets. Of course there is no way to estimate the survival rate as many factors are to be considered. It depends so much on the pt.s general condition, the response of the cancer to the treatment as well as what other organs may be involved. Wishing you both the best ......