Breast Cancer Community
Swelling above collarbone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Swelling above collarbone

I have had swelling above my left collarbone for around 9-10 months now.  When I first noticed it, it didn't bother me too badly, but just sort of ached in the location of the swelling.  I saw my primary care physician and he said that it was fatty tumor or fat deposit.  So, I let it go and the swelling actually seemed to reduce and not bother me as much.  But then, about two months ago, the swelling increased again and it has really been causing me a lot of pain.  I have shooting pain that radiates into my neck, in my left arm all the way to my hand and in my ribs.  It also hurts to touch or put pressure on my skin between my armpit and my left breast.  I have been trying to do some research online to see what could be the cause of these symptoms and they all end up referring to inflammatory breast cancer or just breast cancer.  Is there any advice a doctor can give me about what specialist I should see to get further testing done to see what the cause of this might be?  
1 Comment

It would be best to see a breast specialist and get a proper clinical evaluation and relevant investigations got done.

The breast specialist will then decide whether a biopsy of the swelling is required or not.

Till you get an appointment try some pain relief medications for your symptoms.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.