Breast Cancer Community
Swollen lymph nodes on CT scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Swollen lymph nodes on CT scan

I am a breast cancer patient, 4.5 yrs out.  My last CT scan
showed some swollen lymph nodes in the axillary area and in
tumor bed.  My oncologist said that this was not too alarming. Does
this indicate a recurrence? I was originally diagnosed with stage 2 Her2+Er+ Pr+.
I had ECT+H, radiation and will complete zoladex and tamoxifen in Nov. 2012.
I don't want to be an alarmist but I do want to be proactive with my own health.
First of all, congratulations on making it through your 5 years since your cancer diagnosis and I hope it continues that way for a long time to come..
The lymph nodes, located in the axilla area, are a part of the lymphatic system.When lymph nodes become swollen,it usually indicates bacterial or viral infections somewhere in the body and not necessarily cancer or a recurrence of breast cancer.
Depending of course on what your Doctor or Oncologist deems appropriate he/she may recommend to just monitor the lymph nodes growth ,or ordering more investigative tests to rule out cancer.
I sincerely hope that nothing serious will be found.
Wishing you all the best!
Avatar n tn
Hi Lizzie, I have the same problem all most 4yrs out, I have swollen axilla nodes on the same side of my breast cancer, I am er-pr- but her2 . I had an ultrasound and am waiting for a surgion consult on March 9th. The waitings is killing me.
Hello Rousson,
I am sorry about the anxiety you are experiencing.
I hope all turns out well for you.  Take comfort in knowing that you are doing something about it.  Thank you for sharing.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, lympe nodes was started.