arm pain after breast surgery
Good Day. I am experiencing arm pain- from the wrist up the arm into my neck and sometimes to my head. this pain often wakes me. it is most severe at night when i sleep on my back but once i sit up then the pain subsides. the pain is there during the day but not so severe. when i rub my arm then i hear bubble like sounds in my head - sort of when fluid is passed through a tube and there are mostly air bubbles in. i am experiencing this after 2 years of partial breast surgery and reconstruction (the flap from the back)- diagnosed with breast cancer then but have not received any further treatment. there are days when i can lift my arm and there are other days when i cant. at times this same pain goes down to the hip and leg. this pain is on the same side as the  breast surgery (left). please explain what could the cause this pain? i take anti-inflammatory tabs and pain killers but does not relief the pain or if it does then it is only temporary till the tabs wear off. i feel i cannot take so may pain killers as it affects my stomach as well. thanks - Shana

This discussion is related to Scapula and arm pain after breast cancer surgery.
If this were only involving the arm I would think first of possible Lymphedema .... I'm not sure about the pain extending to your hip and leg. I would advise you to see your Oncologist for a complete evaluation including some type of scan. This could be totally unrelated to your previous breast surgery but this needs to be investigated. The pain itself sounds like some nerve involvement may be present. Regards ....