Breast Cancer Community
biopsy/calcifications/hematoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

biopsy/calcifications/hematoma

Feeling kind of lost.  I had a mammo earlier in the month that showed calcifications.  A stereotactic biopsy has been done. The pathology report indicates no calcifications found.  The dr. went in multiple times to be certain the calcifications came out.  A mammo was done after biopsy that shows no calcifications - so where could they have gone?   Isn't the main thing for this to be tested to see if benign or not ?  Now I am left with no answer.  A hematoma has occurred and dr. will see me in 4 months for a follow up mammo & possibility that this was a missed biopsy and do over again. Please give me your thoughts - I am 40 years old and am looking for some thoughts from people who have been through this.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Kay