calcifications in breast
Yesterday, I was called back for more x-rays on my left breast after just having mammagram
a week ago, after more x-rays the doctor came in and said I had a mass of calcification in
my breast and I was free to go with his advice of keeping up with annual mammogram's
which I do.  Is there a problem with these masses' of calcium in my breast becoming
cancer?  I'm still concerned about it.
Calcifications within the breast tissue are not all that unusual ... how they appear can indicate whether they are of a suspicious nature or not. You might ask your prescribing Physician to go over the entire report with you at your next appointment so that you can fully understand how these findings relate to your particular situation. Even when biopsied a great number of calcifications return a benign result. Please do keep up with your Mammogram schedule. If you still have concerns you could ask that your films be read by another Radiologist.  Regards ....