Aa
A
A
Close
dcis and nipple discharge
Six years ago on a routine mam they found an early stage of dcis. Had a lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation. Last Dec. when I had my mam they noticed microcalcifications in duct on the same side. Tried to take tamoifin but it made me very sick. the Dr. suggested surgery a double myst because of my history of breast cancer on my fathers side and my own. Told me it could be a precurser of it turning into cancer. now i have been getting discharge from that breast, its been another year? Any suggestions?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Nipple discharge is normal and quite common if the breasts are squeezed and it's rarely a sign of breast cancer.
However if it comes out without any stimulation,is persistant, appears pink, bloody, watery or dark,it could indicate an underlying problem such as a papilloma or DCIS recurrence .
Please consult your doctor soon,for a clinical examination.Since you have a history of breast cancer,you should be extra vigilant.You stated that your doctor recommended a double mastectomy due to your family and personal history of BC ,but you don't say if you actually followed his/her recommendation and had the operation.If you did, it would significantly reduce the risk of recurrence and the discharge could be due to a benign condition,but if you didn't have the surgery,the nipple discharge could indicate a problem that should be investigated..
Best wishes...
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Thanks so much for the reply.  No I didnt have the surgery yet. Depending on what he has to say about this could make my decision.  Didnt really know if I should have a double with no previous prob with the right side. The surgeon also rec the double when I met with him. Went to a diff Dr. in Green Bay and he took a wait and see attitude. But that was before the discharge.  I did make an appt. next Mon. with the Dr. from here.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
587083_tn?1327123862
You welcome,
Depending on risks, double mastectomies for DCIS are usually done for prevention.Each case must be evaluated individually,based on the specifics regarding this disease.
I am glad you made an appointment to see your doctor,and I hope that the nipple discharge is nothing serious.
Take care...
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703