Breast Cancer Community
erect nipples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

erect nipples

I am 46 years old not pregnant and I have been experiencing erect nipples out of nowhere.  I am not cold or anything they just pop out.  Could there be something seriously wrong.  What about breast cancer although I don't have any lumps  thankyou sue
Not sure what's causing it, but there is no relationship of erect nipples to breast cancer.  If it's both at the same time it would suggest some sort of central nerve stimulation (brain?), if it's only one it would suggest stimulation of the nerves near that nipple.  If it's both at the same time, I would ignore it.  If it's only one, I guess it may be worth figuring out what's responsible for it, but in either case I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Say, the ONE-nipple thing IS my problem.  Just one nipple will become erect for no reason at all.  I have tried the tight, snug bra (to prevent any rubbing that may have been stimulating it), I've placed snug fabric tapes and band aids over it, I will be topless lying in bed warm and cozy... it just doesn't matter what I try to do but that ONE nipple keeps popping out all day long making my very embarrassed and self-conscious all day long!  It happens about once an hour no matter where I am, what I am doing, or what I am wearing.  What causes just the one nipple to do that??

This website is the ONLY one even close to discussing this topic!  I have looked for many, many hours and cannot find a single thing explaining it or saying that it is actually normal or okay.

Thanks in advanced for any more input.

Kelly
A related discussion, Left nipple erect all the time was started.