fat necrosis & extreme burning pain
Dr. B.... Last week I had surgery to remove a large mass of necrosis.  Fortunately, it was necrosis.  Surgery went well including post op .  I was given a patch for nausea that helped quite a bit.  The best post op I have had to this date.  Thank you.  Another painful symptom I have had for the last six month is acute burning pain in my back, on the same side of surgeries, and radiation.  I have had chest x-rays and bone density tests.  All okay. In all my research I have not seen this symptom, am I missing something?  It has been increasing in pain lately, and ofcorse, I am a bit worried. I am a bit weary of these extreme symptoms almost 2 years in remission.

It is very nice to to hear that you have had the surgery and are doing well.

About the back pain - i need to ask a few questions - is it more on bending or movement or coughing etc? is it related to food intake? Is there any rash at the site?

You could take some OTC pain relief medications for a few days, alongwith warm compresses and local application of an analgesic gel.

Let us know how much releif you have and we can then decide whether you need to see a pain specialist for this.

Do follow up with your surgeon periodically for post surgical review.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Info update requested:  Acute burning pain is located in my back, left hand side.  It does not respond to bending, movement, dietary changes, coughing, etc.  I have done hot/cold treatments with nonconsistent temporary subsiding relief with OTC meds.  It is very painful during the night, with sleeping positions not altering pain.  At times it is very "tender to the touch".  No, rashes or discoloration at all.  Can this be delayed reaction or damage due to radiation?

This could be due to the radiation. Your oncologist should be consulted to rule this out.

Also get a chest xray and ECG done to rule out any other cause.

Ask your doctor if physiotherapy or physical therapy would help in your case.

Try local analgesic creams and take pain relief medications - ask your oncologist to prescribe you some.

Regards.