granulomatous mastitis
I had an excisional biosy done after mammo and sono showed a 3cm mass. No cancer was found and the report states that I have Granulomatous Mastitis. The surgeon is telling me that I am fine and it was just an infection but from what I am reading about GM, it seems to be an inflammatory disease and steroids may be needed. What kind of Doctor should I see? I do not think my surgeon or primary are familiar with GM. Thanks!
I am glad to know that the mass you had, was removed and that no cancer was found.
You may want to consider seeing a breast specialist for advice, regarding this condition. These types of specialists are generally associated with large academic centers.Patients with GM are often referred to Rheumatologist and some women have been very satisfied with the treatments they received .This infection is sometimes difficult to treat and it's important to find a breast specialist who can properly medicate you.Best wishes and God Bless.