Breast Cancer Community
growing lump in breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

growing lump in breast

Recently I noticed a lump in my breast and I wasn't too concerned because I have had lumps before and I am told I am very dense.  However, this lump didn't seem like the perfect little lump I usually get, so I was due for a yearly check up anyway, I decided I would just wait until that appt. to talk to the doctor about it.  Well, it has been about 1 1/2 months and my appt. is still a month away.  The lump has gotten quite a bit larger and I am getting nervous.  Should I see my doctor ealier, or is it fine if I wait another month?  How concerned should I be, since in two months this lump has grown quite a bit.
Avatar dr m tn
If you notice any lump or change to your normal breast then see a doctor soon. There is no necessity to wait for your yearly check up.
You are also suggesting that it is fast growing.
Most of the lumps are not cancerous and it is always good to rule out as there are many types of lumps.
It may be simple fibrocystic change also and it may be connected with hormonal changes you are having and increas during your period but anyways i suggest you to visit your doctor for checkup.
"Prevention is better than cure"
Take care!
Avatar n tn
i have the same thing should go to my doctor and i am nervous it might be canceress
you should go to the doctor.  I had an ultrasound done the other day and while they think it is a benign cluster of cysts, I am scheduled to see a surgeon and have them asperated, just to be safe.  They say that this will also prevent them from being in the way of anything that might come up in the future.