hip pain/breast cancer
Hi there! I had breast cancer (stage 1) 2 1/2 yrs. ago - had a mastectomy, followed by chemo. I'm now on tamoxifen.
I've been having moderate hip and shoulder pain for the past 6 mos. or so - can't cross my legs easily, especially bothers me when I'm sitting or less active. Any cause for concern here? I've been avoiding doing anything about it, as it is not as bothersome some times.
The discomfort you describe could be caused by a number of things; cancer wouldn't be my first guess though. Why not have it checked out as there could be a simple solution to your pain.
Could it be your tamoxifen causing the joint pain?  I took Arimidex for 6 months until joint pain started moving thoughout.  Switched to Aromasin and the joint pain stopped.  18 month later now my hips are starting to hurt pretty regularily, will discuss with oncologist next visit.  Basically blocking all the Estrogen is not a great thing for the joints.
A related discussion, Is it Arthritis or Arimidex was started.