Breast Cancer Community
indentation on one breast!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

indentation on one breast!

Hi everyone!  I have just noticed within the last 2 weeks, that I have a dip my left breast just right of my nipple.  I don't know if it would be classified as an indentation or not.  I haven't felt any lumps, but honestly I don't know what to feel for.   I notice it most when I raise my arms above my head and I can see it when I don't, however it's not as noticible w/ my arms down.   It reminds me of a dip in the road, you can definately feel it but it's harder to see (than feel).  It's almost like I have no breast tissue when I push on the dip/indentation.   Also, when I raise my arms the breast appears to almost be bottoming out.  It looks slightly different than the right breast.  Also in this dip/indentation I can see some shadowing (the skin appears ever so slightly bruised)  I haven't gotten hit or no trauma to that region. I also notice that my nipple is slightly turned outward (away from the indentation)
My paternal grandmother had BC (probably between 42-52)  I am 35 and a mother of 4.  

Thanks for any insight, I have an appt w/ my doctor tomorrow morning but cannot figure out what this could be!!  Any ideas?
A dimple on the breast should be investigated as the formation of a lump can sometimes pull the skin into the breast causing the dimple. Dimpling can certainly occur from benign causes, but without evaluation, it's impossible to speculate on what this might be.You are doing the right thing by having it evaluated by your doctor tomorrow.
I hope that it's nothing serious at all.
Best wishes...
I just got back from the doctor. They are sending me for a mammogram tomorrow and an u/s if needed.  The indented area is tender/sore when pressed on.  I'm hoping to get some answers tomorrow.  The waiting is the worst
A related discussion, How did it turn out? was started.