inverted nipp;e +calcifications
hello,
I am a recovered cancer patient but my recent  mammogram showed many calcifications on my remaining breast.That nipple has been inverted for more than a year and for the same amount of time on the base of that nipple it cracks,hurts ,itches , heals up and a some time later it starts all over again.
They want to give me an MRI to determine exactly how to remove these calcifications ,Are my chances of getting my cancer back in the making ??
Calcifications can be due to either a benign or malignant finding. An MRI is a very sensitive type of imagery and is very valuable when dense breast tissue is involved.  You don't say how long ago your surgery and treatment were but I trust that you have been followed rather closely since then. Surely the nipple inversion and other problems have been addressed by one of your Physicians also. Once you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, even when treated successfully, there is always a chance of recurrance as well as a new primary cancer. Only a biopsy of the suspicious area will determine the exact cause of these calcificaions.    Regards ....
Hi ,
Thank you so much,,it's been 10 years since my cancer but tumors and bumps and lumps  have been removed  between those years ,my abdomen + arm,so I am a lttle on my toes for this latest development.
Again ,thank you !