is herceptine cure for my metastasis liver cancer
ı had breast cancer in 2007. ı had my breast taken and had 6 times of chemotrapy every three months.following that ı used herceptine for nine weeks.after7 months I had metastasis in my liver.Can herceptine help my metastasis get better alone or should it be taken with chemoterapy.

This discussion is related to meastatic breast cancer in the liver.
Hi there.

If the cancer is Her2Neu positive, then Herceptin may be of benefit.  However, in your situation, Herceptin alone may not be that beneficial since you have received this drug before and still you developed metastasis less than 12 months since your last treatment.  It would be better if Herceptin be combined with other cytotoxic agents such as Taxol which can be given weekly without much side effects.  There is also another drug that can be given if you are resistant to Herceptin, which is an oral drug called Tykerb.  This is usually combined with another cytotoxic agent Capecitabine.  I suggest you discuss all of these options with your oncologist and I hope the liver mets will respond to the treatment.

Regards and God bless.