Breast Cancer Community
itchy spots on breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

itchy spots on breast

I am concerned about a couple of red itchy patches on my right breast.  I was assuming it was eczema, but my gynecologist mentioned a condition called Pagent's disease and suggested I see my breast surgeon.  Jan 2007 was the five year mark since my diagnosis of invasive ductal carcinoma (with lymph node involvement) in my left breast.  My treatment consisted of a mastectomy, chemo and radiation followed by 4 years of tamoxifen, ovary removal last year and now 1 year of arimidex so far.  I am 38 years old now, and concerned that I may be in for another round.  I was advised to wait 6 months the first time because my cancer formed in a rare way (8 or 9 tumors with an aggregate mass of 5cm)which mimicked fybrocystic condition. I am worried that I will be advised to wait and see again and am wondering if that is a logical approach.
1 Comment
DONT WAIT , I HOPE YOU HAVE NOT WAITED TIL NOW, GET SOMEONE (ADOCTOR) TO LISTEN TO YOUR CONCERNS AND IF THEY DONT FIND A NEW DOCTOR WHO WILL. ALTHOUGH IT MAY NOT BE SERIOUS IT ALSO COULD BE. INFLAMATORY BREAST CANCER HAS THE SAME SYMTOMS (symptoms) BUT ITS IS EXTREMELY RARE IN A WOMAN YOUR AGE BUT BRING IT UP AND CHECK IT OUT. IT USUALLY IS FOUND IN TEEN AND PRETEEN GIRLS