Breast Cancer Community
lump :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

lump :)

hay i have found a lump under my armpit it is about the same size as a pea ut has grown a little in 2 day's i went to see a doctor today and he has refered me to a breast person he has said its not a cist so do u reacon u could tell me wot u think it is :) x
1 Comment
The lymph nodes, which are located in different parts of the body including the neck and armpit, are a part of the lymphatic system. When a lymph node becomes swollen, it usually indicates infection.The normal size of a lymph node can range from a couple of millimeters to about a centimeter. When there is infection or inflammation somewhere in the body, a lymph node may enlarge and could remain swollen,even after the infection is gone.
Depending of course on what the breast specialist deems appropriate he/she may recommend to just monitor the lymph node growth,prescribe an antibiotic or ordering more investigative tests.
I  hope that there is nothing to worry about. :)
Wishing you all the best...