lump shape
I had an ultrasound done a couple of weeks ago the radiologist stated that a lump was found but she believed it to be a fibroadenoma. She still rated me a 4 birads and recommended a core needle biopsy.  My lump was oblong shaped and lobulated.  All the info I am reading states that fibroadenoma lumps are round.  Would she have said this just not to scare me?  I asked why I was rated birads 4 if she thought it was fibroadenoma the nurse said it was to make sure.  The more I put all these words and shapes together the more it looks like something worse than fibroadenoma.
Even when presenting with the typical clinical and ultrasound features of a fibroadenoma, the diagnosis should be confirmed by needle biopsy. A BIRADS 4 doesn't mean that it's not a fibroadenoma,it simply means that it has to be biopsied .The shape of this benign tumor can be round or oval.In my opinion your radiologist is being vigilant and taking good care of you.Go ahead with your biopsy..It's the only way to stop worrying and have peace of mind.Best wishes.