Breast Cancer Community
nipple discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

nipple discharge

I was doing a breast exam the other day, and I noticed had a little green discharge come out of my left nipple.  I had mammogram done in December, and it came back normal.  Should I be concerned about this?  I do have fybrosystic lumps, but other than that I haven't had any problems. I am also on my menstrual cycle. It wasn't a lot of discharge just a little dot or so.  Please let me know if I should be concerned and call my Gynecologists?  Thanks
Nipple discharge can occur from many causes and the discharge can be almost any color and consistency. It's usually nothing to be concerned about but there's no harm in checking with your Gyn. about it ... If you mammogram was normal I wouldn't think it would be from anything serious. Ck. it out though if you are overly concerned.   Regards ....
While most nipple discharge is a benign condition, there is the small possibility that it is not.  I would most definitely discuss this with your doctor. While mammograms are are a very good tool, they are not definitive.  You can never be too careful.  Regards
Avatar n tn
you say it was while u were doing a self exam, was it spontaneous then or on squeezing? its usually only spontaneous discharge they worry about, but its worth mentioning anyway to ur gp.
When I was doing my breast exam I was feeling around my nipple area, and  did squeeze them a little. That is when the discharge came out.  It wasn't spontaneous.
I think I will still call my Gyn. and see what he thinks. Thanks.