Breast Cancer Community
reoccuring breast lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

reoccuring breast lumps

I am a 30yr old that does not know her mother or mother's family history.  Since the age of 27 I have noticed several lumps in my left breast and I have been to Dr's and had biopsys and everything was always normal occasionally put on antibiotics for infection.  2 weeks ago I again found a lump in left breast that has since grown larger...I was squeezing my breast this morning in the bath feeling around for any more abnormalities and noticed that a spot on my areola was turning white, almost pimple like when I would squeeze near the lump.  Being curious I continued to squeeze and next thing you know a the white spot opened and out shot a long stream of cream colored fluid as if it were shot from a squirt gun...the stream eventually became just a mass of fluid with blood mixed in.  Lump is still present and I am wondering if this sounds like just another infection or something more worrisome that I should try to get into the Dr. sooner than the appointment that I have 5 weeks from now.
1 Comment
Hi.
The sebaceous gland of Montgomery is located in your areola.  Its duct can get blocked causing accumulation of its secretion.  It is probably what you saw when you squeezed your nipple/areola area.
You mentioned that you noticed your breast lump has grown bigger.  The lump can be a fibroadenoma that can increase in size secondary to hormonal changes in your body that occurs during menstruation.  You may want to closely observe the lump or seek consult with your doctor for further evaluation.
Regards.