swelling after breast biopsy
I had a breast biopsy on the left side about a month ago. About two weeks after, I noticed that my left arm is swollen, at times is painful, as well as my back on that side.what could be causing this?

This discussion is related to Lymphedema concern.
Hi there.

The occurrence of arm swelling may be really hard to pin on the biopsy, unless the biopsy is severely traumatic or involved the removal of very large chunks of tissue.  For needle biopsies, the swelling may be attributed to other causes rather than the biopsy itself.  Other causes would include lymphatic blockage due to the underlying problem (for which the biopsy was done in the first place), presence of infection which may or may not be related to the biopsy, or this can be allergic reaction to the anesthesia used.  I suggest you show this to your doctor so that you can be assessed thoroughly.  For now, avoid using the arm too much and you may keep it elevated to facilitate fluid return and drainage.  Regards and God bless.