Breast Cancer Community
swollen veins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

swollen veins

the other day i started feeling a sharp pain in my left breast... then when i took off my bra the veins seemed swollen. the vein felt hard and swollen like no blood was getting through it. it  ran down  to the left side of my breast to the nipple where two other veins seem to turn dark like no blood was coming through. it was painful but now it seems to have stopped.but the veins are still swollen...could this be a blood clot or something else. the meds that i am on do cause me to have a series of clots from time to time.
thanks
ladydi2735
1 Comment
I suppose a clot might be a possibility and if you believe this is likely you need to have this ck.d out by your Dr. very soon. I don't know what medication you are on that causes you to form clots but this is a rather serious situation .... I would think perhaps you might be on some additional medication to aid in the prevention of the clot formation. In any event I would have this ck.d out fairly soon. A simple test can ck. for clots in a blood vessel.  Regards .....