wire localized biopsy
d44
the specimen is serially sliced and reveals more densed fibrotic tissue within the area of concern encompassing slightly over 50 % of the specimen. the area of concern  has a grossly idetifiable surgical staple tag the rest of the tissue is compromised areas of unremarkable soft yellow adipose tissue with intermittent rims of fibrotic stranding-microscopic diagnosis right breast nodule,local wire biopsy..fibroadenoma,apocrine metaplasia,stromal fibrosis,duct ectasia,focal microcalcifications..what does any of this mean..can you please help me out..just had the biopsy on Mon the 19th  Thank You!!
First of all let me tell you that we in this Forum are not doctors or radiologists who are able to explain with certainty the findings on a biopsy results.
From what I understand on your report, is that you have dense fibrocystic breasts.The biopsy done a few days ago reveals a Fibroadenoma which is a benign (non cancerous) growth.All the terms used Apocrine Metaplasia,stromal fibrosis,duct ectasia etc...are not indicative of malignancy but commonly associated with Fibrocystic changes which is very common and a benign condition.
I am sure that soon you'll see your doctor who will be able to explain everything to you and reassure you completely..
Best wishes...