COPD User Group
which or both?
About This Group:

group for COPD and emphysema adults. Including people who are on home oxygen. We get no real instruction from our doctors about our use of oxygen (when you don't have to be hooked to it); vacationing with your equipment. A forum where we can discuss with others our experiences and share ideas and questions about our breathing problems and how we cope day to day.

Founded by indyhoosier on October 2, 2009
27 members

which or both?

Is COPD and emphysema the same thing?  If not then what makes them different?  Which is worse?
COPD is an umbrella term. It covers emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Until recently  Asthema was covered under it. I do not know why it was taken out, but it was. I don't think the medical profession views it as progressive, but it very well  can be. They are both just as bad, just in different ways. Both are progressive. If caught early and with the right group of meds, and rehab and exercise you will soon learn it is not a death sentence. Stop smoking and eat well and enjoy life. That is the best I can tell you. That is what I did. I just have a new norm. It was hard to accept but I did. Now I just want to have fun.
I found some information that may help show the difference between the two.  Emphysema and COPD are basically a bit of the same but they do have very distinct differences.  I really hope this link helps you understand them and how to treat them as well.

http://www.healthline.com/health/copd/emphysema-treatment-options
Thanks for the help.
Bjenmen commented on HIVES
Oct 03
down
Sep 25 by laddie104
Eveningsun joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 29