Cure for Cancer.
Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whassup. I know the Social Community is a chance for people to get away from the medical advice they usually give and horror stories they usually hear, but I just want to go back to medicine and health for a moment:

What is a cure? What is the difference between a cure and a treatment/therapy?

'Cause I have heard people say they have been diagnosed with cancer and then have done something and the cancer is gone. Completely gone. Is that not a cure in itself, I mean the thing is gone because of something the patient did?

Thanks, Khatiz.
Well, cancer is individual----------  all kinds of cancers and each one reacts differently in any given person.  

Cure is relative with cancer though, in my opinion.  You can go into remission which means no presense of cancer cells are detected.  This can be short or really long.  Maybe even forever.  Things like surgery to remove the cells, chemotherapy and radiation have gotten rid of the disease.  

But often if someone is on remission, they are on a schedule for rechecks for the reappearance of cancer.  And sadly, it often does recur.  Sometimes the exact same kind and sometimes a whole new organ is involved.  

Cancer is like a horrible terrorist.  It takes aim and you don't know who it is going to hit and how badly they'll be hurt.  It kills many but leaves anyone it touches a changed person.

does that answer your question?