Cancer Community
Found lump in armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Found lump in armpit

I have had a lump that is very tender at times in my right armpit.  I had one removed a few years ago; it was a lypoma.  My question is that the lump is causing my right arm and hand to go numb.    I have a Dr.'s appointment in a week, but my hand is now constantly numb.  I am starting to become worried.  Is this common?  
Avatar n tn
You could be having another lipoma at the site you mention. The numbness you mention could be because of it compressing on the nerves in the ergion especially the one travelling to your arm. You need to ask your doctor about the possible options, any investigations required for a confirmed diagnosis and whether it will have to be removed surgically. The numbness could be unrelated to the lump and could be due to cervical spondylitis ec. That would need a clinical evaluation to diagnose the exact cause. Relax and wait for your scheduled appointment. Till then you could try some exercises and hot compressus along with a massage. This should help. Goodluck.