Cancer Community
I am spitting up brown mucus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am spitting up brown mucus

I quit smoking a little over 2 months ago.  I wasn’t a heavy smoker, maybe 3 to 4 cigarettes a day, but started fearing lung cancer.  I have had back pain for quite a while on the right side of my back and occasional chest pain on the right side as well.  Also, when I twist from side to side, it is as thought air is being compressed out of my lungs; I can feel air being pushed out.  I had a CT Scan of my chest done 2 weeks ago and it was clear, but I have been spitting up blood the past couple mornings and have had these brown speckles in my mucus as well.  Should I be concerned knowing my CT was clear or can there be something else wrong?