Cancer Community
I'm scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

I'm scared

Well let me start by saying hello . I've been living wit horrible female issues for years im only 24 @ have discharge that wouldn't go away and then an odor ...so i went to the doc n was treated for bv. but my symptoms didn't go away. they got worse now I'm bleeding in between periods and my periods have gotten extremely heavy. i know I'm sick but i was to afraid to hear the words. cancer . now i fear that I'm gonna pay for it i finally got the courage to go to the doc cuz this has gotten so bad its affecting my marriage n the doc says there's knots all over my cervix .i feel weak n ill a lot now.I'm scared cuz i know in two days I'm gonna find out I've possibly got cervical cancer .and i have a family history of ccn my mom n sis both. had it I'm scared ....  
Avatar dr f tn
I understand how you feel regarding your symptoms and your family history of cancer.  And sometimes not knowing and waiting to know the underlying cause of these symptoms increases the anxiety more. Be positive and stay strong. Do keep us posted with the result. Take care always.