Is lung scarring always indicative of TB

I have had a persistent mucus producing cough for the last 4 weeks.  I had my chest X-rayed and my doctor advised (over the phone) that the scarring is indicative of TB.  She put me on a short course of anitbiotics (about a weeks worth) and scheduled another appointment for me for a week and half later.  She didn't give me a lot of information.  And didn't advise me to stay away from anyone.  I am really worried that I may have transmitted the disease to my husband and/or my son.  I travelled to Fiji for a week 5 years ago, lived in New Zealand for 18 months and went on a 10 day US holiday last year.  I live in Australia.  

I am only 35 years old.  Is the doctor just taking precautions at this stage or do yout think she may believe strongly that I have TB?

I have been doing a lot of internet research and the more I read the more worried I become.

hi turtleP,
there's a lot of test to check whether u do got TB, and yes one of them is x ray, another one is testing ur mucus for positive tuberle bacilli, and when done together is best diagnostic for TB. however if u had history of primary complex way back when u were a child that cud be a reason of that scar in ur lungs, but then i guess ur doctor already evaluated that?..im actually a nurse, and lives here in the philippines, there's a lot of cases in TB in here, and when it comes to transmission, patients are advised to wear mask for 2 weeks, and after that, beyond 2 weeks of treatment is considered non communicable. u dont have to worry that much, the best way to deal with tb is strict adherance to drugs, make sure ul never missed a dose or else u have to repeat the entire process, or shift to a stronger antibiotic, tretament usually lasts for 6 mos, but it depends on the severity, make sure to continue the drug even if you do feel improvement. you can also check bodily symptoms for tb, like afternoon fevers around 5 to 6pm, loss of weight and appetite at times,,,i hope i was able to help you, take care