Cancer Community
Lump under my chin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lump under my chin

Hey i am an 18 year old male. I have had a small round  lump under my chin ( not near my Adam's apple...It's more towards the underside the tongue) for more than a year. Like most men i am hesitant to see a doctor about it, and just brush it off. But it's been there for so long now that i am starting to get really worried about it. When i first found it it seemed like an inflammation because it got pretty big for a while, but then shrunk in size and has remained that way since. It is not on the skin, it seems to be attatched to the muscle tissue... or something haha, idk exactly which is why im asking for help.. also i will visit a hospital shortly so im just asking to calm my nerves a little bit XD haha
Hi there!

This sounds like a cyst or a lymphnode. Other possibilities that may need to be kept in mind are growths from the thyroid gland, surrounding structures or the connective tissue etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management, if required.
Hope this helps.

Take care!