Cancer Community
Lymph nodes in neck area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Lymph nodes in neck area

Last week I went for a checkup and the Dr. was feeling around my neck etc.  He kept pressing down in the shoulder, neck area.  He did it twice and it hurt real bad.  I asked him what he was doing and if I should worry about these.  His comment was I have several lymph nodes that are small like peas,but, hard.  So he was not too concerned.  I see him every six months.  Should I go to my Primary and have him check it out.

I wound up with swelling all around my neck area.  
Avatar n tn
Hi.
Lymph nodes in the neck area could be an inflammatory reaction from an infection.  Lymphomas could also present with lymph nodes in the neck area.  If you have constitutional signs and symptoms, better consult with your primary physician for further evaluation.