Pancreatic cancer stage IIB
My father has recently had a distal pancreatectomy (incl. splene removal) and was subsequently diagnosed with stage II B pancreatic cancer.  He is recovering very well after surgery, has no symptoms and the surgeons said they were able to resect the entire tumor.

What would be a realistic prognosis in his case?  How does his prognosis differ from cases of cancer in the body/head of the pancreas? What are the best cancer treatment clinics for this cancer type, preferably in Austria or Germany?

Thank you very much.
hello.. would you mind telling me what your fathers exact symptoms were of the cancer? I am worried my mom might have pancreatic and I know some of the symptoms, but are trying to figure out more exact. My grandmother died of it but I was young so I do not remember her symptoms too well. Also, as far as your father is concerned, stage II is good, it means it hasn't spread and i believe has not spread to the lymph nodes. Make sure with the doctors though they biopsied areas around the tumor and pancreas and the lymph nodes to triple check it has not spread. Also, depending on his age and how he will hold up, it might be good to do radiation on the area or chemo to kill any lingering cells. If it has not spread radiation should be fine... but if it has chemo would be a good course of action.