Cancer Community
Penile canceR?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Penile canceR?

Ok im a 14 year old male and ive been looking at my penis ot make sure evrey thingas alright and i bend and kind of be ruff with it to try to see and at the back of the head on the rim theres this purpel blue mark and i can relly se it unless i have an erection and the when i do i can she sort of a bump and this is bout 1 cm long and if i push on the frobnt side of my penis it will bulge a littel and im freaking out of it being penile cancer becuse i just had a family memebeer die of cancer could it be theres no pain nuthin plz help im freajed out
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  That purplish blue mark which is only prominent when you have an erection is most probably a dilated vein, which your penis has lots of. Penile cancer usually presents as an irregular fungating and oftentimes ulcerating mass on the surface of the penis, not as a purplish blue mark.  So I don't really think that what you're describing is penile cancer.  Just relax and stay positive.