Cancer Community
Please... help me understand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Please... help me understand

My mother has CLL & Multiple meyloma. She has some tumors in her hip bone and a few in a scapula. She's had a lump, now about the size of an egg cut in half, for about a year. She ignored it, thinking (hoping) it was only a cyst. She saw her PCP the other day. He told her it was a tumor, and that it seems to be attached to a tumor in the hip and it has to come out. When she was first diagnosed, they told her the tumors were not getting oxygen at the time, but once they did, there was nothing they could do. She has to see a surgeon to have it removed and biopsied, as well as getting blood work, x-rays, bone scans plus an upper endoscopy & colonoscopy. My questions are: Why the digestive system tests? And, what does this all mean? I need to understand it so that I can do whatever I need to help her. The web has info, but it's all in medical terminology that I'm not understanding.If the tumor is attached to the hip tumor, could that mean it's getting oxygen?
Thank you in advance for your time
Nevermind.