Positive Urine cytology and Positive Fish test
About a week ago i experiences gross hematuria at night.  By the morning - the pain was intense and i went to ther ER. I have never had a kidney stone but that was the prevailing thought... After managing my pain I went in for a CT scan.  The CT scan was negative for a kidney stone but the kidney and ureters appeared to be consistent with having passed one.  THey sent me home but recommended a urologist appt.  The next day i went to the Urologist and he explained that the kidney showed my upper right kidney displayed an area of bleeding inside.  He scheduled me for a retrograde pyleogram and cytoscope. I came home with a jstent in place.. :(  ugh.  I went in after a week and he removed the stent and told me that  he didn't see any growths... the brush biopsy came back negative but the cell washings came back positive. He suggested he do a FISH test to be cautious but was sure it would be negative.
Yesterday i got the call the at the FISH was also positive.  So i am now scheduled next week for him to draw urine from each kidney separately and the bladder separately to determine where these cells are coming from.  My big question...is this cancer?  they keep saying abnormal cells... but not specifics... From what i read - this fish test is pretty accurate for bladder cancer... is it also used to determine kidney cancer?  thanks