Cancer Community
Testicular Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

Testicular Cancer

A good while ago, maybe 4 years or more I noticed one day that my right testicle was a different shape than my left. My left was more oval, and my right testicle was more of a peanut shape. I was young, and didn't really think of it as anything, so when time came to do a physical exam maybe 2 years ago, I knew the doctor would do a testicular exam and he did and did not mention anything, told me I was good and healthy in general. So I basically didn't think about my abnormal right testicle as it checked out with my doctor. I had blood tests done in Jan. and May of this year and had an xray of my chest done in May as well because I experienced chest pain which my doctor ruled out as Costochondritis, and I was prescribed pills, and the pain eventually went away. My blood tests came out fine, even excellent could be said. Just recently, I came across information on testicular cancer and I started to wonder about my right testicle, and I have began to worry that I might actually have cancer.

Could my doctor have missed the irregular shape of my right testicle (as it's pretty obvious)? Could I have had cancer for approx. 4 years now without anything serious happening to me to indicate that I have cancer? Could the cancer still be contained in the testicle all this time if it is infact cancer?

Please Help me, thank you.