What about Stomach Cancer?
What test would you have to see if you had stomach cancer?  I have had nausea for over two months and the doctors told me I have reflux.  Could reflux be a symptom of cancer?  Is nausea a symptom of reflux?  Nobody talks about nausea being a symptom of reflux.

I have had blood tests where my amylase was 195, but everything else was normal.  A barium swallow showed a "small amount of reflux" but everything else was normal.

What is really bothering me is the constant nausea.  I drink ginger tea which helps.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Hi.  The best procedure which can be done to see if you have stomach cancer is to have a flexible endoscopy done (also called an "esophago-gastro-duodenoscopy" or EGD), and then have a biopsy of any suspicious looking lesions.  Although reflux and nausea are not specific symptoms for stomach cancer, chronic recurrent reflux is a risk factor for developing esophageal cancer.  If you're really worried about your condition, my suggestion is for you to see a gastroenterologis and have the EGD done.